Only units approved under SEZ scheme would be permitted to be located in SEZ.
- The SEZ units shall abide by local laws, rules, regulations or laws in regard to area planning, sewerage disposal, pollution control and the like. They shall also comply with industrial and labour laws as may be locally applicable.
- Such SEZ shall make security arrangements to fulfill all the requirements of the laws, rules and procedures applicable to such SEZ.
- The SEZ should have a minimum area of 1000 hectares and at least 35 % of the area is to be earmarked for developing industrial area for setting up of processing units.
- Minimum area of 1000 hectares will not be applicable to product specific and port/airport based SEZs.
- Wherever the SEZs are landlocked, an Inland Container Depot (ICD) will be an integral part of SEZs.
- Detailed guidelines on setting up of SEZ in the Private/Joint/State Sector is given in Appendix 14-II.N of Handbook of Procedures Volume I.