Wait...

Online Export Import Data Search

Recent Searches: No Recent Searches
Complete Training Video : Click Here

India to curb tea exports to Pak.


Date: 18-02-2019
Subject: India to curb tea exports to Pak
Kolkata: Indian tea producers have said they are ready to curb exports to Pakistan as part of an economic offence in response to the Pulwama terror attack, for which Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaishe-Mohammed has claimed responsibility. 

“Exports to the neighbouring nation may reduce,” Vivek Goenka, chairman of Indian Tea Association, told ET. “What is more important is to protect our country from this sort of ghastly terror attacks.” He said the industry will look for other destinations like Egypt, Middle East and Russia to export Indian teas. “We will work out a plan on how to channelise our teas to other markets and also increase domestic offtake,” Goenka said. 

In 2018, India had exported 15.83 million kg tea to Pakistan, 7.43 per cent more than the previous year. Pakistan had recorded a massive 35.8 per cent increase in per capita consumption of tea between 2007 and 2016, according the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations. Currently, Pakistanis consume 172,911 tonnes of black tea and it’s expected to rise to 250,755 tonnes by 2027, as per FAO estimates. India has already withdrawn the ‘Most-Favoured Nation’ status to Pakistan following the Pulwama attack as terror groups such as JeM and Lashkar-e-Taiba are alleged to have the backing of Pakistani authorities and military establishments. The decision was taken at the Cabinet Committee on Security meeting headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir against the backdrop of the Pulwama attack that killed 40 CRPF personnel on Thursday. 

India had accorded Most Favoured Nation Status to all WTO members, including Pakistan, in accordance with provisions of Article 1 of General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade , 1994. oenka said mostly South Indian teas are exported to Pakistan. “Nearly 80 per cent of the teas exported to Pakistan is from South India. The rest 20 per cent comprises teas from Assam,” he said. 

Russia is a major market for Indian teas, having bought 45.07 million kg of Indian teas in 2018. Egypt has imported 11.36 million kg of teas in 2018. Iran, too, is a major buyer of Indian tea with its imports touching 30.60 million kg in 2018. Indian tea producers are making a constant effort to penetrate new export markets. 

Source: economictimes.indiatimes.com

Get Sample Now

Which service(s) are you interested in?
 Export Data
 Import Data
 Both
 Buyers
 Suppliers
 Both
OR
 Exim Help
+


What is New?

Date: 21-10-2020
Notification No. 38/2020-Customs
Notification regarding exemption of duties of Customs against scrips issued under the RoSL scheme for apparel and made-ups sectors.

Date: 21-10-2020
Notification No. 07/2020 – Central Excise
Notification regarding exemption of duties of Central Excise against scrips issued under the RoSL scheme for apparel and made-ups sectors

Date: 20-10-2020
Notification No. 37/2020-Customs
Seeks to further amend notification no. 152/2009 dated 31.12.2009, regarding the rate of duty of customs on imports of "Polybutadiene Rubber" originating in Korea RP and imported under the India-Korea Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement.

Date: 15-10-2020
Notification No. 99/2020 - Customs (N.T.)
Exchange rate Notification No.99/2020-Cus (NT) dated 15.10.2020- regd.

Date: 13-10-2020
Trade Notice No. 30/2020-2021-DGFT
Electronic filing and Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) for India’s Exports under GSP, GSTP, India-Malaysia CECA, India-Singapore CECA w.e.f. 15th October 2020

Date: 09-10-2020
Notification No. 39/2015-2020
Amendment in Export Policy of Onions

Date: 08-10-2020
Circular No. 44/2020-Customs
Procedure for inspection of ICDs/CFSs/AFSs -reg

Date: 08-10-2020
Notification No. 49/2020-Customs (N.T./CAA/DRI)
Appointment of CAA by Pr. DGRI

Date: 07-10-2020
Public Notice No.24 /2015-20
Revision of SION H-68, H-301 & H-302 of Export Products- Double Decorative/Single side Laminates with or without Barrier Paper

Date: 06-10-2020
Instruction No. 18/2020-Customs
Directorate General of Audit as a Nodal Directorate for Customs Post Clearance Audit –regarding



Exim Guru Copyright © 1999-2020 Exim Guru. All Rights Reserved.
The information presented on the site is believed to be accurate. However, InfodriveIndia takes no legal responsibilities for the validity of the information.
Please read our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy before you use this Export Import Data Directory.

EximGuru.com

C/o InfodriveIndia Pvt Ltd
F-19, Pocket F, Okhla Phase-I
Okhla Industrial Area
New Delhi - 110020, India
Phone : 011 - 40703001