Online Export Import Data Search

Recent Searches: No Recent Searches
Complete Training Video : Click Here

‘Goa must give thrust to cashew cultivation’.

Date: 27-02-2021
Subject: ‘Goa must give thrust to cashew cultivation’
PANAJI: The total amount of cashew nut imported by India is higher than that exported, but efforts can be made under Atmanirbhar Bharat to propel cashew cultivation and export, said director, directorate of cashew nut and cocoa development, Venkatesh Hubballi. 

He said that the country spent nearly Rs 8,800 crore to import raw nuts to India in the financial year 2019-20. This is as opposed to Rs 3,800 crore revenue generated from the export of cashew. 

In Goa, cashew cultivation is secondary with only about 25,000 tonne of production. He said if farmers can take up intensive cultivation, then it can be increased to about 37,000 to 40,000 tonne. “The best is to remove the old plantation and replant it with a high-yielding variety,” he said. 

“We therefore need to bring people together to increase the area under cashew cultivation, go for quality development and become self-reliant,” Hubballi said, while speaking at the national conference on cashew development in India held in Panaji on Friday. 

He said that of the total agri-export, cashew generates 0.03% of revenue to the GDP. There is a lot of demand for cashew nut in the domestic market, too. Last year, India processed 17 lakh tonne of cashew nut, of which only 33% was exported. The rest 67% was consumed domestically. 


Get Sample Now

Which service(s) are you interested in?
 Export Data
 Import Data
 Exim Help

What is New?

Date: 05-04-2021
Notification No. 41/2021-Customs (N.T.)
Seeks to notify Customs (Verification of Identity and Compliance) Regulations, 2021

Date: 05-04-2021
Notification No. 20/2021 -Customs (ADD)
Seeks to impose definitive anti-dumping duty on imports of Flexible slabstock polyol originating in or exported from Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates for a period of five years.

Date: 01-04-2021
Trade Notice No. 01/2021-2022
Electronic filing and Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) for India’s Exports under India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (IMCECPA) w.e.f. 01st April 2021

Date: 01-04-2021
Notification No. 40/2021 - Customs (N.T.)
Exchange rates Notification No.40/2021-Cus (NT) dated 01.04.2021

Date: 31-03-2021
Notification No. 19/2021-Customs (ADD)
Seeks to further amend notification No. 2/2016-Customs (ADD) dated 28th Jan, 2016 to extend the levy of Anti-Dumping duty on Melamine originating in or exported from China PR, up to and inclusive of 30th September, 2021.

Date: 31-03-2021
Notification No. 60/2015-2020-DGFT
Extension of FTP 2015-20 upto 30.09.2021

Date: 31-03-2021
Notification No. 61/2015-2020-DGFT
Amendment in Import Policy of Copper and Aluminium under Chapter - 74 and Chapter - 76 of ITC (HS), 2017, Schedule-I (Import Policy) - reg.

Date: 31-03-2021
Public Notice No. 48/2015-2020-DGFT
Extension of HBP 2015-20 upto 30.09.2021

Date: 31-03-2021
Public Notice No. 49/2015-20
Amendment in Appendix-2K providing for updation of IEC – reg.

Date: 31-03-2021
Public Notice No. 50/2015-20
Procedure for allocation of quota, for year 2021-2022, for import of (i) Calcined Pet Coke (0.5 Million MT per annum) for Aluminum Industry and (ii) Raw Pet Coke (1.4 Million MT) for CPC manufacturing industry - reg.

Exim Guru Copyright © 1999-2021 Exim Guru. All Rights Reserved.
The information presented on the site is believed to be accurate. However, InfodriveIndia takes no legal responsibilities for the validity of the information.
Please read our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy before you use this Export Import Data Directory.


C/o InfodriveIndia Pvt Ltd
F-19, Pocket F, Okhla Phase-I
Okhla Industrial Area
New Delhi - 110020, India
Phone : 011 - 40703001