DGFT Notification No 17/ 2015-2020
Amendment in export policy of edible oils.
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Notification No 17 /2015-20
New Delhi, Dated : 6 August, 2015
Subject: Amendment in export policy of edible oils.
S.O.(E) In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 5 of the Foreign Trade
(Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 (No.22 of 1992), as amended, read with Para
1.02 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-20, the Central Government hereby amends,
with immediate effect,
Notification No 22(RE-2013)/2009-14 dated 18.06.2013 read
Notification No 108(RE-2013)/2009-14 dated 06.02.2015 relating to Sl. No.
92 of Schedule 2 of ITC(HS) Classification of Export & Import Items.
- Export of edible oils was initially prohibited for a period of one
year with effect from 17.03.2008 vide
No. 85 dated 17.03.2008 which was extended from time to time. Vide
Notification No. 24(RE-2012)/2009-14 dated 19th
October 2012, prohibition on export of edible oil has been extended till
- Following exemptions are permitted from the prohibition on export of edible oils:
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil from all EDI Ports and through all Land Custom Stations
(LCS) on Indo-Nepal, Indo-Bangladesh,
Indo-Bhutan and Indo-Pakistan borders.
- Deemed export of edible oils (as input raw material) from DTA to 100%
EOUs for production of non-edible
goods to be exported
- Edible oils from Domestic Tariff Area (DTA) to Special Economic Zones
(SEZs) to be consumed by SEZ
units for manufacture of processed food products, subject to applicable
value addition norms
- Edible oils produced out of minor forest produce, ITC(HS) Code 15159010,
15159020, 15159030, 15159040,
15179010 and 15219020.
- Organic edible oils subject to export contracts being registered and
certified as ‘Organic’ by Agricultural &Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
- Rice Bran oil in bulk.
- Export of edible oils in branded consumer packs of upto 5 Kgs is permitted with a Minimum Export Price of USD
900 per MT.
- The prohibition will not apply to export of Peanut Butter, ITC (HS) Code 15179020. [This already stands notified
at Sl. No. 10 of the Table in Para 1 of
Notification No. 31(RE-2012)/2009-14
dated 4th February, 2013]
- Effect of this notification:
Export of Rice Bran oil in bulk has been exempted from the prohibition on
export of edible oils. Also, the quantity
ceiling on export of organic edible oils has been removed.
Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F.No.01/91/180/774/AM10/Export Cell)