Government of India
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi-110011
Policy Circular No. 32(RE-2010)/2009-14
Dated: 03rd June, 2011
All Regional Authorities
FIEO and All EPCs
Subject:- Clarification about requirement of “Declaration of Intent” on Free
Shipping Bills for claiming Chapter 3 scheme benefits.
- Para 3.11.8 of HBPv1 2009-14 (earlier Para 3.23.8 in RE-2008) provides for
“Declaration of Intent” to be made on “free shipping bills” in order to claim
Chapter 3 benefits.
- It is clarified that “ Declaration of Intent” needs to be mentioned mandatorily on the free shipping bills for claiming Chapter 3 benefits . This
declaration can be made in the product description column in the free shipping
bills where sufficient space is available for this purpose. Instances have also
been reported where free shipping bills bear only the name of the Chapter 3
scheme like FPS,FMS etc or the intention to claim Chapter 3 benefit has been
mentioned manually on the shipping bills duly attested by customs. In such cases
RA’s will accept these shipping bills for grant of Chapter 3 benefits.
- The “Declaration of Intent” would not be required for shipments filed under
chapter 4 (including drawback), chapter 5 or chapter 6 of FTP.
- All RAs to take suitable action accordingly.
- This issues with approval of DGFT.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F. No.01/91/180/160/AM12/PC-3)