Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Notification No. 03/2015-2020
New Delhi, Dated the 25th April, 2016
Subject: Introduction of policy conditions on import of dogs in
Chapter 01 of ITC (HS), 2012–Schedule–1(Import Policy).
S.O. (E): In exercise of powers conferred by Section 3 of FT (D&R) Act, 1992,
read with paragraph 1.02 and 2.01 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-2020, as
amended from time to time, the Central Government hereby introduces policy
conditions on import of dogs under Chapter 01 of ITC (HS), 2012 – Schedule – 1
(Import Policy) as under:
(7) Import of dogs is allowed only for the following specific purposes:-
- Pet dog with valid pet book and relevant records/documents in the
name of importer.
- Dogs imported by the R&D Organisations for conducting research with the
recommendation of CPCSEA.
- For the internal security by the Defence and Police Force.
(8) Import of commercial dogs for breeding or any other commercial activities
other than the purposes mentioned above is not permitted.
2. Effect of this Notification: Import of commercial dogs for breeding or any
other commercial activities is not permitted.
Director General of Foreign Trade
[Issued from F. No. 01/89/180/200/AM-02/PC-2 (A)]