Central Excise Circular No 855/2007
Modification of the abstract of XT-I Diary regarding
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise & Customs
New Delhi dated the September 11, 2007
Circular No. 855/13/ 2007-CX
F.No. 224/ 37/2005-CX-6
All Chief Commissioner of Central Excise & Customs
All Commissioners of Central Excise & Customs
All Director Generals
Subject: Modification of the abstract of XT-I Diary regarding.
- Attention is invited to Circular No. 53/88-CX-6 dated 12.07.1998 wherein a revised abstract of XT-I diary was circulated. Over the years, the Central Excise laws and procedures have undergone several changes, and a need was felt to revise the format of the XT-I Diary. The revised XT-I contains important work carried out during a month and it does not require reporting of daily functioning as was being done in present XT-I format. Accordingly, the revised abstract of XT-I Diary is annexed to this Circular. Henceforth, the XT-I Diary shall be maintained as per the revised format. The new format shall come into effect from 01.10.2007.
- While examining this issue, the Board has observed that the details reflected in XT-I Diary show the work done by field officer in discharge of duties and hence, it serves as an effective tool in the administration and inspection of respective offices. Therefore, it should be ensured that the XT-I Diary is written by all the concerned officers as per the existing guidelines.
- The field formations may be instructed suitably.
- Hindi version of the Circular follow.
Encl. As above.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
FORMAT OF XT-I DIARY
- Month and year
- Name of Officer
- Place of posting
- Details of visits out of place of work
||Time of visit
|Mode of travel
* Reason for visit- supervisions/sealing for export, inspection, transit check, preventive work, audit work, inquiry, survey, training, verification of premises, any other reason (please specify)
** Please specify whether permission of appropriate authority was obtained, if required, like in case of visit to SSI unit.
- No. of Ranges inspected
- No. of ER-I/ER-2/ER-3/ER-4/ER-5/ER-6 checked/scrutinized
(Please specify no. of each return separately)
- No. of refund/ rebate claims checked/verified
- No. of cases where action for recovery of arrears taken
- No. of audit objection, for which show cause notices processed/issued
- No. of vehicles checked.
- No. of visits undertaken for preventive work-
- Searches of (i) premises…………(ii) vehicles……….
- Quantity and value of goods seized, if any:--
- Records resumed/seized, if any:--
(Name and signature of Officer)
To next higher authority